Music Monday: Anarbor edition


I don't know how I could have possibly went 3-4 years with having them on my iTunes and passing them by. I had attended a show on their first ever tour back in 2005 in the midst of their name change from "Troop 101" to "Anarbor". I had gotten a Troop 101 EP with a two-song Anarbor demo inside, including one of my favorite tracks that eventually made it to their full length, "I'll Stay to the West". This is a gem among my very limited, poor CD collection because 1) Troop 101 doesn't exist anymore and 2) I don't tend to buy my music, let alone physical copies.

They signed to Hopeless records within the last year, and I still never got around to truly listening to them. They were a band I've always known about and just left it at that. Anyway, I randomly streamed their entire discography the other day and they just strike me differently as all the carbon copy bands Fearless is producing these days. For making music in an unoriginal poppy/punk/rock scene, if you will, ...they are as fresh as they come. Free Your Mind has got summer written all over it.

See Also:
Hearing Colours, Seeing Sounds

The Natural Way - EP

0 comments: