Top 10 albums of 2009

2009 has been a great year for music and while these are in no particular order, these are the albums that have surpassed my expectations/surprised me/have generally been in heavy rotation/or are just plain fucking good. Enjoy!

10. Manchester Orchestra - Mean Everything To Nothing
9. Metric - Fantasies
8. Cartel - Cycles
7. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
6. Paramore - Brand New Eyes
5. Ivory - Goodnight, Goodbye
4. Brand New - Daisy
3. Monsters of Folk - Monsters of Folk
2. Regina Spektor/John Mayer - Far/Battle Studies , I had to cheat!
1. Fun. - Aim and Ignite, hands down.
***
top guilty pleasures
Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again , girl's got some serious chops and jams!
The Summer Set - Love Like This
A Rocket to the Moon - On Your Side, I seriously have to listen to them while I shower


*Also highly notable mentions to hometown bands that I can't stop listening to but couldn't fit onto my list, This Providence - Where Are You Now? and all that is He Is We.

2 comments:

Jessica Karli | January 1, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Nice music! I love he is We. :D

Katie | January 14, 2010 at 11:28 PM

What an amazing list!