"Love Songs"

A friend and I got on the topic of songs about love, how that subject can be easily hated and how there are too many songs written about it, often soft melodies with a depressing undertone. (Conversely, there are far worse things written about inane topics including but not limited to: air force ones, grills, rims, dropping bootys to the floor, etc.) Evidently, love is the fuel to many things. Love is not a trend. These are not amongst the songs that evolve from the receiving end of heartbreak. These aren't songs about a boy/girl. These aren't the emo love anthems. These aren't 'love' songs, but rather songs about loving things. These happen to be my favorites. *

Always Love - Nada Surf
Bigger Than Love - My Favorite Highway
The World You Love - Jimmy Eat World
So Much Love - The Rocket Summer
Love - The Summer Set


With that said, am I enlightening minds here with my music mondays? Does my music taste absolutely suck? Rule/drool? Who should I listen to now? Tell me here! Or you know, hate mail and other comments are welcome too.




* Wow, that felt out of my element. Going to go butch up and chop some trees now, BRB.

0 comments: